Still "Alive in HOPE!"

For those who've known this blog for years, know that I am still "Alive in HOPE!" Still looking at life through the eyes of faith and finding HOPE in a "hopeless" world... The only difference is that I now feel called to do so from the back of a bicycle on a 500+ mile pilgrimage; to share a message of hope from Our Lady of Fatima!

Sunday, July 2, 2017

For the courage to be Catholic!

Before leaving the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, I received an invitation that I couldn't turn down...  Such a grace!  

On the morning of June 9th, after a long afternoon and overnight in Manitowoc, I biked out early to a very special morning Mass:




Before I left, I was invited to walk the grounds with a beautifully faithful religious sister.  She asks for our prayers...  A convent that once held 3000 religious sisters now holds only about 300.  While they still wear the habit, it has changed so much over the years.  I could see how deeply it hurt her heart to share the discouragement she feels.  She told me that she is persecuted among her sisters for being conservative and working to return her order to what it once was.

As I biked on, I carried her prayers and I ask you to pray as well.

For our religious sisters and brothers...  For the courage to be Catholic!

Praised be Jesus Christ!!

No comments:

Follow by Email